Two weeks ago, we introduced a Top 5 of frequently asked questions in an attempt to reduce the number of questions that have already been solved over and over again. This is this week's top five:
- 1. I've tried an iText example from the book and it doesn't work.
- On place 5 two weeks ago, but this week's indisputable number 1: http://support.itextpdf.com/node/26
- 2. Can I extract/parse information from pdf?
- A question that can be answered in many different ways. The best answer is "it depends". This is a more elaborate answer: http://support.itextpdf.com/node/27
- 3. Can I use iTextSharp in a VBA application?
- A question that appeared on the list and that was posted privately a couple of times: http://support.itextpdf.com/node/52
- 4. Can I create a Reader-enabled PDF using iText?
- No, you need Adobe software to do that. Previously on number 1, but I haven't heard the question much the last two weeks: http://support.itextpdf.com/node/24
- 5. How can I create a digital signature with a certificate obtained from CAcert.org?
- Not a frequently asked question, but one that received extra attention last week: http://support.itextpdf.com/node/57 and http://lowagie.com/importCAcertRoot
We were very happy to read the kudos sent by Bill Ensley:
I came across this post and read all of the responses and I want to give this list back some HUGE kudos. All of you responded with patience and class to a question that other lists would have answered in harassment. It pleases me greatly to see such class not only still here, but growing.
Answers given on the mailing list by 1T3XT are at times very direct and confronting. That is still true, but we're working on it, and kudos like this help ;-)